Well, I have officially been a part of the blogging world for 3 weeks and I am having such a blast. The process of finding new dishes and documenting them through this site has made me unreasonably happy. Not only has my list of foods to try grown exponentially, but I have begun to connect with and be inspired by others who are also working to create, and celebrate delicious meals.
Last week I learned a new tip from this article that suggested adding uncooked rice to sauteed onions and spices in order to incorporate more flavor. Then, yesterday before leaving work, I clicked on this article that came across my feed. It looked SO yummy (and filling, and simple, and would allow me to try the new rice trick) that I went directly to the grocery store and straight home to make it. To me, this is the reason that I am here. I want to be inspired by others to try new meals, new flavors, and new techniques. Thank you Daddy and Me Foodie and The Fabulous Fare Sisters!
Steps and Notes: (I made this double batch so I would have dinner and lunches)
- Prepare, measure & chop ingredients
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red pepper and 2 yellow peppers chopped
- 4 cups of rice (I used texmati / brown)
- 4 cups of water (I used stock)
- 6 sausages cut into links (I used hot italian)
- Cook the sausage until brown, then remove it / place in a bowl
- Saute an onion for about 6 minutes, then add garlic and sausage
- Add uncooked rice and and spices (cracked red pepper, salt and pepper) and cook for 2 minutes
- Add 2 cups of stock and the peppers.
- Bring it to a boil and then down to a simmer.
- Put the top on and simmer for 45 minutes
- The original recipe said 20 but I only had brown rice so that required a longer cook time
- Remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes to cook off the excess liquid
- Serve with shaved parmesan cheese.
I had this for lunch the next day and the flavors were even more pronounced. Yum! Highly recommend this one.
Glad you loved it and thank you for sharing!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Delicious!! And thanks for incorporating and sharing our recipe on your new site! We look forward to seeing more of your delicious meals! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person