It has been over a year since I’ve posted a recipe here on the blog. This year has been grueling, exhausting, and one of deep reflection! It feels fitting to return to the blog with a simple salad – one that requires minimal steps but also some necessary comfort. Over this past year our household go to meals have included batches of spicy pickled radishes, cauliflower shepherds pie, some whole roasted chickens, and enough chili to fill our newly purchased chest freezer.
Double breading the chicken for this salad added some texture and a more complete meal. I used it as an opportunity to clean out the fridge and could see adding more toppings including a hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, or some crunchy red cabbage. I was in the mood for a comfort meal so I topped this beauty with ranch dressing but you can use whatever makes your heart happy.
Blackened Chicken Garden Salad
Adding this double breaded and pan fried chicken to your salad will be the perfect touch of comfort to your meal!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (more if needed to fully coat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- shredded carrots
- feta cheese
- red onion (optional)
Steps & Notes
- Slice each chicken breast in half to make it a “thin cut” which will cook faster
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs
- In a second bowl combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Double bread the chicken by dipping it into the eggs, crumbs, then back into the eggs then crumbs
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes. This is very important, as it will help the breading stick when you fry it.
- When ready, saute in a hot pan for 3-4 minutes per side (Note: Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165)
- As the chicken cooks, prepare each salad with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, feta, avocado and onion
- Once cooked, slice the chicken and serve warm on each salad with your favorite dressing
Recipe from The Pantry Portfolio @ http://www.pantryportfolio.com
Very healthy! 💜🍃
Thank you! Always looking for new ways to make salads feel fresh and new.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I made this salad for the first time today and it was absolutely delicious! Healthy and tasty! Thank you very much!
LikeLiked by 1 person