Well, the day has finally come when I’ve learned how to make my recipes printable!
This is a true construction zone and I would love your feedback and/or thoughts as I work on these upgrades.
The recipe below is an upgraded version of an experiment we posted last week with the addition of a white wine pan cream sauce. It added the saucy flavor we were hoping for and we will keep working on the exact measurements over time. For now, its a true experiment and work in progress.
To celebrate my newfound ability to print recipes I’m linking up to Fiesta Friday! This week is hosted by Diann @ Of Goats and Greens and Antonia @ Zoale.com!
Pesto Chicken Over Spaghetti Squash
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup pesto (I make and freeze batches each year using various combinations)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- White Wine as needed
- A few splashes of cream
- Prepare the spaghetti squash by cutting it in half, removing seeds, and placing it face down in a shallow pie plate of water. Cook for 15 minutes until soft. Use a fork to remove squash
- Cut the chicken thighs into strips and season with salt and pepper
- Saute the chicken thighs in a teaspoon of olive oil. Start on a higher temp and then reduce to low.
- Remove cooked thighs to a bowl and then use white wine to deglaze the pan. Then, reduce the heat to low. Add butter and cream until you reach the desired thickness. Set aside.
- Add a 1-2 tablespoons of pesto to the warm chicken in the bowl until well coated.
- Add the reserved spaghetti squash to a mixing bowl and add most of the pesto and sauce. Mix well. Then, add the chicken and remaining pesto.
- Place into a baking dish, top with the cheese, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Love this dish! it looks amazing! thanks for sharing 🙂
What a grand idea! 🌿🌱🍃
Great recipe and your print feature works!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to find shortcodes. I’ve wanted to be able to print for a while. Easier to reference / revise as I re.make things, etc. Hope all is well with you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This really does sound amazing ! 🙂
Congratulations! That took me forever, and I was so happy when visitors could print. This is a great weeknight meal and looks yummy! Thank you for sharing over at Fiesta Friday! 😀
Making recipes printable in WordPress… I will have to figure that out, too! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday, looks delish!!.