This past Sunday, as we were fueling up for our house hunting adventure, my husband made this delicious breakfast! I’m happy to say that I can take no credit for this meal. Now that we have a cast iron skillet we seem to be in the habit of cleaning any leftover food out of our fridge and covering it with an egg! I wanted to post this to keep it in our brunch files, and he did such a brilliant job with the presentation. What other steak and egg variations do you love?
- Steak (we used a sirloin)
- 1 potato
Steps and Notes:
- Grate the potatoes on a box grater and press dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot and sauté the potatoes for until golden brown on one side, then flip and repeat on the other. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne.
- Cover the steak with pepper and salt, and sear it for 6-10 minutes per side, depending on its thickness and how rare you like it.
- Fry up two eggs and enjoy!
Thoughts for Next Time:
- Top the steak with fresh salsa and an avocado
- Serve with a green vegetable such as spinach or asparagus
- Wrap in warm tortillas and serve with scrambled eggs
Heck I’ll eat an egg in or on about anything! Looks delish! We always cook a breakfast like this if we have a little leftover steak or ham in the fridge on Sundays.
I think this is brilliant ! Nice take on the potatoes , Yum . Like the steak, egg and chips meal. 🙂
Looks like a good morning!
LikeLiked by 1 person